06 February 2014

common threads


Between raging toddler tantrums, being nine months pregnant through an endless heatwave, work, a cactus back which makes sitting for any length unbearable, and nine day stints of solo-parenting, I have not been here much. I'd like to say that will change, but in all likelihood I will probably be here a lot less in coming weeks and months.

Thankfully I finished work last week and am now officially on leave! It is such a relief to get to this point. When I was pregnant with E, I left work on a Tuesday afternoon feeling unwell... and by Wednesday night had a baby! So I am going to make the most of this downtime.

Aside from spending some quality time with my people and relishing the chance to do all those last minute nesting things, I will also be getting my creative boogie on.

I was thrilled to be invited to participate in the first series of Common Threads, a collaborative photography blog. And amazed, because I have barely kept up with any photography or blogging. Not to mention intimidated by featuring beside some pretty amazing photographers and bloggers, some of whom I may or may not have a crush on.

Series one has just started, and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. The theme for week one is summer - my first post is here. If you're interested, you can stay up to date with Common Threads here.

No comments: