14 April 2013

15/52

Climbing! A new thing...

After an impromptu wander along a bush track, we played in a shady patch of grass around around an old munitions store. The island was a military vantage point during World War II, so there are quite a few relics from this time. We had a lovely morning. But I was lost when he asked about the interpretive sign which had a picture of soldiers mustered behind an artillery weapon.

And... it was only a matter of time before I caved on the one image rule. This talented lady sold me on the diptych concept, and well, I just couldn't choose one over the other. I like them as a series. To me, they are stronger together. I began this project wanting to be quite 'flow' about it. So I'm going with my gut on this. Instinct over rules, I say!

4 comments:

Preeti Dubey said...

lovely expressions.

Renee said...

Beautiful pics!! Loving your previous weeks too :)

Anonymous said...

Nice picture compostion and off course the model is beautifull!!!

Louise G said...

Stunning shots. I chose these as my favourites from week 15 (see my post here: http://mummykarma.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/1652/). Gorgeous little man with those lovely lashes x