05 March 2013

9/52

Concentration. Sorting beans.

I had a few portraits to choose from this week. This one is super grainy but I just love those long lashes. I gave him some dried beans in a bowl, along with a cup and a scoop. It entertained him for a good 20 minutes - the longest he has ever sat still and engaged in an activity! I'd been wanting to give this to him for a while but was worried he'd just eat the beans. He did try to taste one towards the end!

The things I'm finding hardest with this portrait series are the lack of light in this house, my still unresolved lens issues, and trying to capture a toddler in perpetual motion. The conjunction of these things - oh, along with the weather limiting our time outside - is making it somewhat difficult to get anything in reasonable focus.

I am loving stumbling upon some great new (to me) blogs through this project. So many portraits from last week to love, but I really have a soft spot for this one of little Sage. 

Joining in with Jodi.

You can see the whole series of portraits here.

No comments: