24 January 2010

paper & wood bits and bobs




Have been wanting for a while now to post some photos of recent domestic~crafty activity ... including my wonderful new kitchen shelves (a Christmas gift from K) which go a long way to solving the problems of an impossibly small pantry, and the ex science-lab drawers that QUT (fortuitously for our craft room) piffed out. Late last year I saw some floor-to-ceiling driftwood hanging things in Biome which inspired a small driftwood, paua-shell and stone mobile which now adorns our front door. And then there's the world's most ridiculously-labour-intensive paper crane mobile, which I made as a xmas gift (but ended up giving to myself, given the time frittered away making it) ...













4 comments:

The Chook said...

Just love the drawers - half your luck. But even if I found stuff like that I wouldn't be allowed to keep it. Then again, I have no space to put any more stuff, so why am I envious?!
Your cranes are to die for. Makes me appreciate the hundreds of 'em I used to get from Japanese pen friends

little earth stories said...

Hey Chook. I hear ya. Space is becoming a problem here too. Last week we sadly rejected a table from the uni chuck out because it was too long and we have nowhere to store stuff. It nearly broke us to pass it up!

Thanks, glad you like the cranes. I remember your penpal cranes... do you still have them?

The Chook said...

No idea where to even start looking for them but feel I wouldn't have turfed them.
It's a pity you don't have a typical Queenslander house - all that storage space under !!!

little earth stories said...

I'm sure you wouldn't have turfed 'em either! ;)

Yep, would love love love a bit more storage space.